STAIKA - 4 SEASON / BLACK LABEL TENT
The Hilleberg Staika Tent (Red) (2 person tent) is a supremely strong, elegantly simple, and a fully freestanding dome tent.
This tent is well-suited for any adventure.
The Staika is all about simple – but simple does not by any means equate to “sparse... easy to pitch, immensely stable, remarkably spacious, and quite light, the Staika is an excellent “go-to” tent for any use where sturdy strength is a high priority.
The Staika was originally designed for paddle tourers, who wanted a highly stable, fully free standing tent for handling tricky pitching conditions. Since then, it has gained a large following amongst a wide assortment of other adventurers:
- Cycle Touring / Adventure motorcycle touring / Paddle Touring:
- Enjoy its simplicity and completely free-standing construction
- Backpackers / Trampers:
- Backpackers find great comfort in its roominess and relatively lightweight as well as in its strength and stability.
- Mountaineers: Find it a supremely stable base camp tent in all conditions
Features of the Hilleberg Staika Tent (Red)
- Tent Fabric and Poles:
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric
- 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent.
- 4-season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- The dome construction with multiple pole crossing points, provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- The Staika has plenty of room for two occupants and their gear.
- The fully free-standing dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy setup.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- Bathtub Floor: High bathtub floor keeps out ground water
- Guy Lines: Looped guy lines affixed to twin attachments on each side of each pole increase stability in poor conditions.
- Roof Vents: Adjustable roof vents can be closed with snow-proof panels, and are accessible from inside the tent.
- Inner and Outer Tents
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately.
- Pitching the inner tent alone requires an optional Staika pitching kit (sold separately)
- The inner tent can be replaced with the Staika Mesh Inner Tent (sold separately)
Tent Footprint: (Sold Separately)
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibule.
- It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching
Specifications of the Hilleberg Staika Tent (Red)
Every tent comes with:
- Outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions
Minimum weight: Refers to the outer & inner tents & the poles only.
Packed Weight: Includes all items that come with the tent
- Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1800
- Minimum weight: 3.4kg / 7 lbs 8 oz
- Packed weight: 4kg / 8 lbs 13 oz
- Inner height: 105cm / 41 in
- Inner tent area: 3.2m2 / 35.5 ft2
- Vestibule area: 2 X 0.9 m2 2 X 9.7 ft2
- Poles (10mm): 3 x 387 cm / 3 x 152.4 in
- Pegs: 16 Y-Pegs