KERON 3 - 4 SEASON / BLACK LABEL TENT
Hilleberg Keron 3 Tent (Green) offers the optimal blend of maximum space, strength, flexibility, and comfort for three people in a lower weight package. This is an outstanding hard use, all-round wilderness tent.
Due to the strength to weight, and space to weight ratios, as well as the two-door / two vestibule configuration this tent is perfect for year ‘round use, especially in exposed and/or above tree-line terrain, this tent is ideal for almost any adventure, especially suited to extended snow camping and extreme weather conditions,
This four-season tunnel tent, which handles easily in all conditions, makes it the perfect choice for New Zealand's harsh climate and conditions, we all know we can get 4 seasons in one day, well throw them all at this tent with confidence.
The Keron 3 has become a very popular tent with outdoor enthusiasts because of the superb durability and excellent wind stability, and the roomy interior, but at the same time the Keron 3 is an excellent choice for families, hikers and “regular” users – anyone wanting a tent that is exceptionally sturdy yet relatively light in weight, that will work in any situation and will handle many years of use.
- Mountain Guides
- Search and Rescue Teams
- Forest Rangers
- Families & Regular Users
Features of the Hilleberg Keron 3 Tent
- Tent Fabric and Poles:
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent.
- All season construction: Outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- Plenty of room for three occupants and their gear.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single opening continuous sleeve and pole tensioner system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- Floor: Bathtub floor keeps out ground water
- Guy Lines: Guy lines on the vestibule vent hoods and looped guy lines affixed to twin attachments on each side of each pole increase stability in poor conditions.
- Tent Pockets: 4 integrated stowage pockets.
- Vestibules and Entrance:
- Two entrances and two vestibules provide flexibility and comfort.
- One vestibule can be designated for gear stowage, while the other can be used for food preparation or gear sorting.
- One entrance of the tent can always be situated out of the wind.
- Ventilation System:
- The Keron 3 ventilation system functions regardless of the weather conditions:
- Each end has a large vent, placed high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow.
- Vestibule vents are backed with no-see-um mesh and adjustable air-permeable snow-proof panels that are accessible from inside or outside the tent.
- Inner and Outer Tents
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately.
- Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes (Sold Separately)
- Tent Footprint:
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules.
- It connects directly to the tent and can be left attached during pitching.
Specifications of the Hilleberg Keron 3 Tent
Every tent comes with:
- Outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
Minimum weight: Refers to the outer & inner tents & the poles only.
Packed Weight: Includes all items that come with the tent
- Minimum weight: 3.4kg / 7 lbs 8 oz
- Packed weight: 4.2kg / 9 lbs 4 oz
- Inner height: 105cm / 41 inch
- Inner tent area: 3.5m2 / 37.7 ft2
- Vestibule area: 2 x 1.3m2 / 2 x 14ft2
- Poles (10mm): 3 x 368 cm / 3 x 129.1 inch
- Pegs: 18 Y-Pegs