KATIUM 3 - 4 SEASON / RED LABEL TENT
Hilleberg Kaitum 3 Tent (Green) is a remarkable, two door/two vestibule tent offering maximum usable space, outstanding comfort, and excellent strength in a lightweight package.
The Kaitum and Kaitum GT models are highly versatile all-season tents. Providing a superb balance of remarkably light weight, comfort, and high strength, they are an excellent choice for those who prefer the flexibility of a two entrance, two vestibule design, but don’t necessarily require the extra strength of our Black Label Keron models. For those wanting even more space, the Kaitum GT model’s extended vestibule offers that with very little weight penalty. The standard sized vestibules can be fully rolled away for tremendous venting, while the GT’s extended vestibule has an entrance on each side for more entry/exit and venting options. Its front section can also be rolled back to create a very protected “covered porch.”
Backpackers, paddle tourers and cyclists will appreciate the Kaitum’s roominess, light weight, and small packed size. Hunters, winter campers, ski tourers, and climbers will favor its all-season strength and impressive space to weight ratio, and taller users of all types will find the Kaitum models a roomy pleasure. The four-person Kaitum 4 and Kaitum 4 GT are both perfect for backpacking families, couples who camp with their dogs, or anyone looking for a roomy but remarkably lightweight 4-person tent.
Click here for the Katium pitching instructions
Features of the Hilleberg Kaitum 3 Tent (Green)
- Tent Fabric: Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- Plenty of room for three occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single opening continuous sleeve and pole tensioner system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- Fully free standing dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy setup.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- Inner and Outer Tents
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately.
- Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holders
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules.
- It connects directly to the tent and can be left attached during pitching.
Specifications of the Hilleberg Kaitum 3 Tent (Green)
Every tent comes with:
- Outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
Minimum weight: Refers to the outer & inner tents & the poles only.
Packed Weight: Includes all items that come with the tent
- Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1200
- Minimum weight: 2.9kg
- Packed weight: 3.4kg
- Packed size: L: 51cm / D: 18 cm
- Inner height: 105 cm / 41 inch
- Inner tent area: 3.6m² / 40.9 ft²
- Vestibule area: 2 x 1.3m² / 2 x 14ft²
- Poles (9mm): 3 x 285cm / 3 x 112.2in, 1 x 328cm / 3 x 129.1in
- Pegs: 18 V-Pegs