The Strap Ring allows you to attach tie-downs almost anywhere there is an 8mm or smaller bolt (smaller bolts obviously are not as strong).
The original idea was to give the motorcyclist a place to attach tie-downs to the triple clamp of a dirt bike but we have found a lot of other uses also…
- In the back of a ute or trailer,
- Behind passenger peg bolts as a place to attach luggage straps on a street bike or anywhere you can put a bolt!
- The eye is large enough to accept the large size 3/8 inch coated tie-down hooks as well as 8mm carabineers and comes packaged in pairs.
The Strap Ring is break tested at 900kgs EACH which far exceeds all the tie-down hooks or carabineers on the market.
Is that little ring really strong enough to hold my bike? Absolutely!
- The Strap Ring has been tested to its’ breaking point, and that is somewhere beyond 1 tonne each. It doesn’t bend at 900kgs.
- The ring distorts or bends at 1 tonne, but still doesn’t break.
Will it rust? I noticed that it isn’t painted or coated with anything.
- It is made of stainless steel.
Can it be used for other stuff? Absolutely
- A building contractor uses them to secure his ladders inside his equipment trailer.
- Can be used as a place to attach bungee straps to the rear of your motorbike. They fit nicely under the muffler hanger bolts on a KTM.
- Simply remove a bolt where you want to have a tie-down point and replace it again with the small side of the Strap Ring under the head.
- The most common places are the upper or lower triple clamp pinch bolts.
- Install the Strap Ring in a place that will not likely snag on riding gear or you!
- Check for proper clearance of wires and control cables by turning forks from lock to lock.
Please note: this listing is for a set (two) of universal strap rings.