Be a responsible off-road motorcycle rider ... fit a Spark Arrestor to your dirt bikes exhaust muffler to minimize the risk of fire caused through particles exiting your exhaust system.
The majority of Trailride organisers require you to have these fitted as a condition of entry to their ride.
The Spark Arrestors are constructed from high quality stainless steel mesh with an interlocking, folded and crimped seam which is spot welded along it's length.
- The closed end is folded and secured with stainless steel rivets.
- All Spark Arrestors are supplied complete with a stainless steel clamp.
We supply three stock sizes as follows:
- Small 300mm circumference (95mm diameter)
- Medium 340mm circumference (108mm diameter)
- Large 370mm circumference (117mm diameter)
- Custom sizes can be made to order please contact us for a quote
Please check your muffler size before ordering
A simple way to do this is with a dressmakers measuring tape which will wrap easily around your muffler. Be sure to measure at the largest point that the spark arrestor is required to pass over including river and screw heads.
We recommend wearing protective gloves while handling the spark arrestor.
It is recommended when fitting the Spark Arrestor to leave as much length as practical protruding from the end of the exhaust pipe.
The Spark Arrestor can be fitted to a smaller diameter pipe by creating a fold in the mesh before securing the hose clamp as per the above photo.
Remove carbon, mud and other deposits regularly to minimise exhaust gas restriction.