The Oxford Oximiser 900 can be left permanently connected to provide guaranteed long term battery care.
Suitable for most 12V battery types up to 30Ah, including Gel, MF and Acid batteries. Heavily discharged batteries as low as 4.1V can be charged if the battery is not damaged. Do not use on Lithium batteries.
The Oximiser 900 uses a 6 stage battery management system:
- Polarity Check:
- Checks the battery leads have been connected correctly
- Battery Analysis:
- Assesses the battery and determines the best charging method
- Bulk Fast Charge:
- Charges at a fast rate to bring the battery to approximately 85% capacity
- Absorption Charge:
- Lowers the charge rate and gives a topping charge to ensure the battery is charged to 100%
- Voltage Check:
- Hourly voltage checks assess battery health
- Maintain Mode:
- Applies an appropriate charge if the voltage drops outside acceptable limits to ensure the battery voltage and condition remains perfect