The Giant Loop Great Basin Saddlebag offers serious adventure riders 60 litres of waterproof, super tough, ballistic nylon reinforced construction. Carry your gear where the passenger would sit on your bike – the Adventure Proof Great Basin Saddlebag fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger.
The saddlebag straps to the passenger footrest mounts and rides on the pillion seat.
Check out this Great Basin Saddlebag review by One Wheel Drive. It refers to the earlier model, but the core features of the saddlebag are the much the same.
Features of the Giant Loop Great Basin Saddlebag
- Included is a set of 3 seam-sealed, roll-top waterproof Dry Pods
- Volume of 60 litres
- Super tough trucker’s tarp Bomb Shell™ reinforced with ballistic nylon
- Beavertail” and floating compression straps – more ways to carry the gear you need, the way you want it
- Separate mounting and compression straps for easier gear access
- Beefy, easy roll rolltop to synch down giving a waterproof seal
- Cable lock pass-though to secure the bag to the bike while parked (optional Kryptonite cable/lock available here)
- Reflective accents for visibility
- 1 Hot Springs Heat Shield (new laser-cut aluminium version) included
- Military-spec materials and construction
- Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty!
- Made in the U.S.A
Dimensions (fully packed) of the Great Basin Saddlebag
- 56″ – bottom of pannier, across top to bottom of other pannier bucket
- Basically the same as before, with a little more “doming” on top due to increased “front to back” distance.
- 10″ – height of bag in top center
- Again, the difference here is mostly a result of the “front to back” measurement below allowing the top to arc more when stuffed full.
- 6″ – distance from inside to outside of pannier bucket bottom
- This dimension didn’t change – I think this is simply a more accurate measurement taken at very bottom of the “leg.”
- 14″ – front to back in top center
- This is where/why we picked up an additional 10 litres of volume (60 vs. 50), by adding nearly 2″ in this plane. No change in the way the bag mounts or rides, just a bit roomier for sleeping bags and other lightweight, bulky gear in the top.
Giant Loop Great Basin Saddlebag Fitment
- BMW: GS models, etc.
- Ducati: Multistrada, Monster, etc.
- KTM: Adventure 990, Adventure 950, 950se, 640, 690 (w/passenger pegs), etc.
- Honda: XR650L (w/passenger pegs), TransAlp, etc.
- Suzuki: V-Strom, DR650, etc.
- Triumph: Tiger, Explorer, etc.
- Yamaha: Super Tenere, WR250, etc. (w/passenger pegs)
- Kawasaki: KLR 650, Versys, Ninja, etc.
If you don’t see your dirt bike make/model listed here, contact us about compatibility.
Looking for something similar but a little smaller? Try the Giant Loop Coyote Saddlebag.