This is the Garmin GPSMAP 655 Multi-band/multi-GNSS handheld. Explore more with this rugged handheld that offers optimal tracking accuracy, a 2.6-inch colour display and preloaded maps.
Features of the Garmin GPSMAP 65
- Don’t miss a detail with this large, sunlight-readable colour display.
- Lead the way in challenging locations with multi-band technology and expanded GNSS satellite support.
- Cross the countryside with routable TopoActive maps.
- Venture confidently. This rugged handheld is built for tough environments.
- Organise your adventure from anywhere with the Garmin Explore™ website and app1.
- Travel with up to 16 hours of battery life in GPS mode.
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded maps: Yes (TopoActive; routable)
- Ability to add maps
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) for outdoor activities
- Map segments: 3,000
- BirdsEye: 250 BirdsEye Imagery files
- Includes detailed hydrographic features (coastlines, lake/river shorelines, wetlands and perennial and seasonal streams)
- Includes searchable points of interests (parks, campgrounds, scenic lookouts and picnic sites)
- Displays national, state and local parks, forests, and wilderness areas
- External memory storage: Yes (32 GB max microSD™ card)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 5,000
- Tracks: 200
- Navigation Track Log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Navigation Routes: 200, 250 points per route; 50 points auto routing
- High-sensitivity receiver
- GPS compass (while moving)
- Multi-band frequency
Daily Smart Features
- Smart notifications on handheld
- VIRB® Remote
- Pairs with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
- Point-to-point navigation
- Area calculation
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: yes (500 custom map tiles)
- Picture viewer
- Compatible with Garmin Explore™ app
- Garmin Explore website compatible
- Connections Wireless Connectivity Yes - Bluetooth®, ANT+®
EXPANDED GNSS SUPPORT
Multi-band technology and expanded GNSS support (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and IRNSS) provide optimal accuracy in steep country, urban canyons and forests with dense trees.
PRELOADED TOPOACTIVE MAPS
Preloaded TopoActive maps provide detailed views of routable street and off-road networks, waterways, natural features, land use areas, buildings and more.
Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your handheld when paired with your compatible device.
GARMIN EXPLORE APP
Plan, review and sync waypoints, routes and tracks by using the Garmin Explore app1 and website. You can even review completed activities while still in the field.
Using your compatible device and microSD memory card, conveniently download TOPO 24K maps and hit the trail, or access HuntView Plus maps to see public land types and boundaries as well as private landowner names and boundaries.
Get automatic cache updates from Geocaching Live, including descriptions, logs and hints.
Specifications of the Garmin GPSMAP 65
- Dimension: 6.1 x 16.0 x 3.6 cm
- Display Size: 3.6 x 5.5 cm; 2.6-inch diagonal (6.6 cm)
- Display Resolution: 160 x 240 pixels
- Display Type: Transflective, 65K colour TFT
- Weight: 217 g with batteries
- Battery type: 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life: 16 hours
- Waterproof: IPX7
- Interface: High-speed mini USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Memory/History: 16 GB (user space varies based on included mapping)
In The Box
- GPSMAP 65
- USB cable
- Carabiner clip
GPS Tips, Tricks & Help
Here at Motomox we want to make sure your experience with learning and using a GPS is a good one. For that reason, we've joined forces with Adventure Guide to create a page with tips, tricks, and help with common GPS questions. Click here for our GPS Tips, Tricks and Help page.