Product code: G2-40-4F-136 S
The Throttle Tamer incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved.
The Throttle Tamer has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This virtually eliminates the jerky “throttle snatch” especially evident in modern fuel injected street bikes. The radius increases or “ramps up” after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation requires to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation. For most models the Throttle Tamer includes a 400 style cam profile, but some will have alternative cam profiles. The cam proven to be the best all-round solution for each model is used.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA.
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel.
- Included cam is removable and can be replaced with alternate cams (sold separately) to fine tune control.
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables.
- Works with all known aftermarket cruise controls.
- Grips Not-Included.
Fits the following models:
- 2007-2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
- 2007-2009 Suzuki GSF1250S Bandit S
- 2007-2009 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit S ABS
- 2008-2019 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (incl. Limited Edition)
- 2005-2008 Suzuki GSX-R1000
- 2004-2009 Suzuki GSX-R750