Product Code: G2-40-4BMW-136
The Throttle Tamer incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburettor or throttle body opening. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved.
The Throttle Tamer has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburettor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This virtually eliminates the jerky “throttle snatch” especially evident in modern fuel injected street bikes. The radius increases or “ramps up” after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation requires to reach full throttle at or near-stock rotation. For most models, the Throttle Tamer includes a 400 style cam profile, but some will have alternative cam profiles. The cam proven to be the best all-round solution for each model is used.
- Machined from 6061 aluminium in the USA.
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminium-to-aluminium contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel.
- Included cam is removable and can be replaced with alternate cams (sold separately) to fine-tune control.
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables.
- Works with all known aftermarket cruise controls.
- Grips Not-Included.