Clake One Light Clutch allows for single-finger clutch use. The “ONE” is an innovative Australian-manufactured product specifically designed to allow effortless single-finger clutch activation. The “ONE” will reduce rider fatigue for all levels of riders.
Most pro-level riders only use one finger to actuate the clutch because of the dramatic improvement in handlebar grip this offers, and yet the vast majority of riders use at least two fingers to actuate the clutch thus substantially reducing their ability to hold on to the handlebars. This can lead to arm pump and rider fatigue.
The “ONE” employs a force balancing system that stores the energy from the lever release and uses this to balance out the energy required to pull the clutch lever in. This system does not reduce the clutch displacement but can make the effort to operate the clutch up to 75% lighter. The amount of balance force is adjustable so you can set how light you want your clutch to be!
If you use a STD lever with one finger you can only achieve about one-third of the lever’s travel before the lever hits your other fingers. With the “ONE” the ergonomic lever is purposely designed for single-finger operation and allows the operator to achieve full lever travel without hitting their other fingers. Combined with the “Ones” unique infinitely adjustable lever position, that moves around the lever pivot point so as not to compromise lever angle, this product is perfect for helping those with small hands.
Features of the Clake One Light Clutch
- Unique force balancing system is capable of reducing lever effort by up to 75% without reducing displacement.
- Adjustable force balance, you decide how light you want your clutch.
- Every pivot uses sealed top-quality ball bearings resulting in a super precise clutch action.
- Ergonomic lever designed for single finger operation and allows the operator to achieve full travel without hitting their fingers.
- Control flex lever uses a hi-tech laminated composite fibre flat Spring, designed so as not to flex when pulled inwards but can be bent to 45 degrees up or down without damage. Not only is this arguably the most unbreakable lever in the world but it also helps prevent tendon damage to the rider in the event they are thrown forward.
- All major components are machined from billet 7000 and 6000 series alloys
- Adjustable lever position that is pivoted around the main shaft so that changing the lever position does not compromise the lever action.
- Long lever allows for as straight as possible lever pull. Reduces stress on tendons.
- Precise piston positioning, factory set. Eliminates wasted lever travel.
- Can be used with cable clutch bikes with the use of a hydraulic conversion kit.
- 1 x Clake One Light Clutch unit
- 2 x Clake bike stickers
Frequently Asked Questions about the Clake One Light Clutch
How long does it take to get used to it?
Most riders adapt to the easier clutch pull within minutes. If needed, the system can be adjusted for a heavier pull and gradually reduced as the rider adjusts to the Clake One Light Clutch.
Do I have to use a single finger on the levers?
The Clake One Light clutch is designed for single finger use but if a rider is used to using two fingers on the lever then it can be moved along the bars to suit. However, single finger use is the ideal way to maximize control of your motorbike and we would encourage making full use of the this opportunity to adapt to single finger use of the clutch.
Is the Clake One Light Clutch easily damaged?
No, but a good pair of bark busters is recommended. It is a very compact unit and should easily fit within most existing handguard setups. The lever is arguably the most unbreakable lever in the world, and all the internals of the Clake One Light Clutch are designed to resist wear and tear from dust and mud.
Can I transfer the Clake One Light Clutch to other bikes?
Yes. It is important to match brake fluids correctly when changing over, contact us for more details.
I have small hands, will the Clake One Light Clutch work for me?
Yes. The position of the lever is easily adjustable, and because it does not use extra leverage you can bring the lever quite close in to the bars.
Is the Clake One Light Clutch difficult to fit?
A basic knowledge of how to bleed a clutch system is needed. Patience is required as the bleeding process can take longer to fully remove air for the system.
Isn’t the Clake One Light Clutch very expensive compared to the easy pull levers available?
All the aftermarket levers that provide an ‘easy pull’ do so through extra leverage. These types of levers reduce the amount of effort needed by making the lever pull much further, often having to pull the lever completely in to the bars to fully disengage the clutch. So while the pull is reduced, in a sense you are pulling the lever for a longer duration because of this leverage. In some cases this also poses a problem with the lever constantly hitting your other fingers when you want to fully disengage the clutch. The Clake One Light Clutch has none of these issues, and it can be transferred to your next bike and should be considered a long-term investment in your riding.