The Cardo PackTalk NEO is fully compatible with all DMC products. It also connects to ALL Cardo units using the regular Bluetooth pairing. G and Q units need to be on the phone pairing mode before starting pairing. This Cardo unit is packed with tech but lighter on the price.
Check out AdvRider's review of the Cardo Packtalk Neo.
Features of the Cardo PackTalk NEO
DYNAMIC MESH COMMUNICATION: Featuring our 2nd Generation Dynamic Mesh Communication (DMC) with exceptional intercom sound quality, easy pairing, and robust performance. For up to 15 riders at a range of 1.6km/1mi
SOUND BY JBL: Powerful 40mm high-definition speakers engineered to perfection by JBL experts, with an improved music processor and three redesigned audio profiles
OPERATED BY NATURAL VOICE: Our improved Natural Voice Operation engine rids you from the need to ever press a button again. Just say “Hey Cardo” and tell it what you want, your Packtalk NEO will do the rest
UNIVERSAL BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: Packtalk NEO connects with any other Bluetooth intercom system of any brand using the new Bluetooth 5.2 protocol
WATERPROOF: No matter what you throw at it, your waterproof Packtalk NEO will take the beating and keep you connected. Rain, shine, mud, dust or snow
OVER-THE-AIR SOFTWARE UPDATES: Keeping your unit up-to-date has never been so easy. Use your Cardo Connect App to download and install latest software directly to your Packtalk NEO. No cables needed
USB-C: The charging port has been updated to a USB-C connection with Fast-Charge capability, giving 2 hours talk time from a 20 minute charge. Full charge takes 2 hours and is good for 10 days in standby mode and 13 hours of talk time
- 2-Year Warranty
What is the difference between the PackTalk NEO and PackTalk EDGE?
The FIRST difference between the two is the price. While they both offer the same technical features, the price tag differs due to the differences in the warranties and the mounting system.
The SECOND difference is the mounting system. Both devices are easy to mount regardless of the motorcycle helmet that you own. However, the EDGE uses an air mount while the NEO uses a standard click mount. The NEO clickable mount requires you to slide the Cardo device into a sleeve onto a mount until you hear a clicking sound, whereas the EDGE uses an air mount, where all you have to do is hold that device over its mount and let it snap on. You don't have to worry about your devices falling off with either mounts, both are secure.
The THIRD difference pertains to the warranty period. Both the EDGE and the NEO are covered under warranty, however the EDGE comes with a three-year warranty compared to a two-year warranty for the NEO.
The Cardo PackTalk NEO specifications
- Compatibility: Universal
- Operating Temperature -20˚C to 55˚C / -4˚ F to 131 ˚ F
- Waterproof IP67
- FM Radio
- Operating frequencies 76-108 MHz
- RDS – Radio Data systems
- 6 preset station memory
- Software Updates: Over-the -air updates, USB cable updates
- Device settings: Cardo Connect App
- Dimensions: Main unit - Height: 46mm – Length: 84mm Depth: 23mm – Weight: 47g
- Speakers - Diameter: 40mm – Depth: 10mm
- Connectivity:2 channels for mobile phone and GPS, Bluetooth 5.2, Universal connectivity, TFT connectivity.
- Intercom: 2nd gen DMC intercom
- HD Live Bluetooth Intercom
- Universal Bluetooth intercom
- Group size : up to 15 riders
- Rider to Rider Range: up to 1.6km / 1mi
- Natural Voice operation
- Multilingual status announcements
- Sound by JBL
- 40mm JBL speakers
- JBL Audio profiles
- Automatic Volume Control
- Battery: Talk time: 13 hours
- Charging Time: up to 2 hours
- Fast charging: 2 hours talk time after 20 min charge
- Standby Time: 10 days
- Certificates: CE IC/FCC SIG BT TELEC UKCA