The 40-4Y-HYK G2 Dirt Tamer Throttle Tube for Suzuki and Kawasaki incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The pulley, or as we call it, cam pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved. For most models the Throttle Tamer includes a 400 style cam profile, but some will have alternative cam profiles. The cam proven to be the best all-round solution for each model is used.
The G2 Dirt Tamer Throttle Tube has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This slightly longer pull makes a HUGE difference in control as the power is rolled on and the rider searches for traction. The radius increases or ramps up after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation requires to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.
G2 cams are interchangeable! You are never stuck with a ratio that is not correct for your skill or track condition! You can always go back to the stock ratio, quicker, or for most models several different progressive control ratios! Cams may be ordered separately, or consider the G2 Throttle Cam System that includes a tube and three cams – 100 (stock), 200 (10% smaller & progressive) and 400 (20% smaller & progressive).
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Cams for most 2016 and newer models (with gray throttle housing) are machined from Delrin!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel.
- Included cam ratio varies per model based on best suggested ratio for the machine’s power characteristics.
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables.
- Removable end cap eliminates the need to cut the end of the throttle tube when using dirt bike handguards
- Installs in minutes!
This item fits the following models:
Kawasaki KLR650 2008 - 2019
Kawasaki KX250F 2004 - 2019
Kawasaki KX450F 2006 - 2008
Suzuki RM250Z 2004 - 2006
Suzuki RM450Z 2004 - 2006
Yamaha TW200 2001- 2019
Yamaha WR250F 1998 - 2013
Yamaha WR450F 1998- 2016
Yamaha XT225 2001 - 2019
Yamaha XT250 2001- 2019
Yamaha YZ250F 1998 - 2013
Yamaha YZ450F 1998 - 2016